The list below consists of mainly external events, relevant for EU4OceanObs and involving the participation of the EU action coordinators of the GEO Blue Planet Initiative and/or G7 Future of the Seas & Oceans Initiative.
Integrated Ocean Carbon Research Workshop
1 Jun 2023 @ 6:24 am
The IOC UNESCO working group Integrated Ocean Carbon Research (IOC-R) workshop is co-sponsored by IOC UNESCO, the G7 Future of the Seas and Oceans Initiative, Ocean Decade Programme Ocean Negative Carbon Emission (ONCE) and hosted by the European Commission and its EU4OceanObs action. Besides IOC/UNESCO, IOC-R is supported by Integrated Marine Biosphere Research Project (IMBeR), the Surface Ocean – Lower Atmosphere Study (SOLAS), the Climate and Ocean Variability, Predictability and Change (CLIVAR), the Global Carbon Project and International Ocean Carbon Coordination Project (IOCCP).
Established in 2018, the IOC Expert Working Group of the Integrated Ocean Carbon Research (IOC-R) aims at filling knowledge gaps in relation to ocean inorganic carbon by designing and promoting the implementation of a new generation of integrated ocean carbon research.
- Review the IOC-R vision document and identify areas requiring an update,
- Identify a subset of emerging issues/knowledge gaps and/or areas to focus on in light of existing activities and articulate these in an updated vision document and other communications,
- Structure the revised vision document and identify key messages,
- Identify key actions in the field of ocean observation and research to fill the identified gaps in ocean carbon research
- Identify section lead authors and contributors,
- Produce a roadmap / timeline of activities.
- Integrated ocean carbon research: a summary of ocean carbon research, and vision of coordinated ocean carbon research and observations for the next decade – unesdoc.unesco.org/ark:/48223/pf0000376708
- News post on Horizon Europe project OceanICU – New project for improved understanding of the ocean carbon cycle to inform climate action