The G7 Future of the Seas and Oceans Initiative (FSOI) activities focus on resource mobilisation and international commitments to implement the ocean observing system, monitoring those commitments, and aligning them across the G7.
These activities under each of the G7 FSOI five action areas are finite-lifetime projects or ‘think-tank’ exercises designed to test and pilot new initiatives to advance the global ocean observing system. They are developed through wide consultation across the G7 ocean observing communities and in close partnership with the Global Ocean Observing System (GOOS).
- The Global Biogeochemical Argo Fleet
- A Surface Ocean CO2 Monitoring Strategy
- Augmented Observing & Forecasting Capacity for Marine Life
- Enabling Digital Twin Ocean Capability (jointly led with UK coordinator)
- A Global Ocean Monitoring Indicators Framework for Assessments and Observing System Evaluation (jointly led with UK coordinator)
For the full list of G7 FSOI activities and more information, click here.