The list below consists of mainly external events, relevant for EU4OceanObs and involving the participation of the EU action coordinators of the GEO Blue Planet Initiative and/or G7 Future of the Seas & Oceans Initiative.
One Integrated Marine Debris Observing System
17 Nov 2021 - 19 Nov 2021
Official Satellite Activity of UN Ocean Decade “a Clean Ocean” Laboratory
This event is organised by a consortium of 14 international ocean experts and is hosted by GEO Blue Planet, EU4OceanObs and Mercator Ocean International as an official satellite activity of the 3rd UN Ocean Decade Laboratory “a Clean Ocean”.
We will discuss the current state of the marine debris system, our knowledge about it and ways forward for implementing the Integrated Marine Debris Observing System (IMDOS). We aim to learn about recent advancements in observational techniques and technologies as well as to enhance cooperation, bringing together multidisciplinary approaches from diverse communities of stakeholders.
The hybrid event will include:
- Three plenary sessions, available in both English and French with invited talks, live discussions and interactions between participants and panellists via the Zoom.
- Plenary Session 1: Strengthening scientific knowledge – Nov. 17, 2021, 8-10pm CET
- Plenary Session 2: Fostering new monitoring capacities – Nov. 18, 2021, 10-12am CET
- Plenary Session 3: Defining the future of IMDOS – Nov. 19, 2021, 9-11am CET
- An online virtual poster hall on the MIRO platform where presenters and participants will be able to connect and interact from 10 to 30 November 2021
To learn more about the event, submit a poster, and/or register for plenary sessions and updates please visit the dedicated web page, by clicking here.